Written By: Dr. Sreelekha Challagundla |MD DERMATOLOGY| KC General Hospital at Malleshwaram, Bangalore. Specialist: Dermatology, Cosmetology, Dermatosurgery
"I believe in a patient-centric and personalized approach toward skincare and skin concerns"
Moisturizing still seems to be the most missed step in one's skincare routine. People are more focused on skincare trends than following the basic and important skincare steps and one of them is moisturizing.
Skin dryness is the root cause of many skin conditions like itchiness, inflammation, redness, scaling, and atopic dermatitis (Eczema). You can avoid these skin conditions just by applying a hydrating face cream on your skin daily. Irrespective of your skin concern and skin type, moisturizer should be a part of your AM/PM skincare routine. There are 3 elements that you need to spot in a moisturizer:
1. Humectants - attracts & binds water into the skin
( Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerine, Aloe Vera)
2. Occlusives - traps moisture by creating a barrier
(Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Oats Lipids)
3. Emollients - soothes and softens skin
Look for moisturizers containing hydrating elements like Hyaluronic Acid and skin barrier-repairing ingredients like Cica, Niacinamide, and Vitamin C that are individually known to boost collagen, reduce excess sebum and heal sun-damaged skin.
Qurez Oil-Free Hydrating Moisturizer is the one you can opt for to address dry skin & damaged skin barrier concerns. Not just that, it suits all skin types including acne-prone and sensitive skin too.
What makes this moisturizer stand out from the rest is that the formula contains 8 scientifically backed skin foods that are known to hydrate your skin, repair the damaged skin barrier, reduce ageing signs caused due to dryness, soothe skin redness and irritation and many more.
For those who have a hectic schedule and are looking forward to keeping their skincare routine minimal, and easy and enjoying many ingredients in one scoop resulting in applying fewer skincare products then this is what I recommend to you.
8 Skin Foods, Multi Skin Benefits
Cica Extract/Centella Asiatica/Gotu Kola is known for its anti-puritic, anti-allergic, and anti-inflammatory properties which can be attributed to the presence of glycosides like asiaticoside, madecassoside as well as triterpenes. The anti-inflammatory properties of Cica help reduce the redness of skin during the active phases of acne. The Oil-Free Moisturizer is the only moisturizer you need during your passed phases of active acne as it comes with added benefits of Niacinamide and Ceramides. Cica also aids in the synthesis of collagen which reduces acne scarring and provides photoprotection.
- Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3, it acts as an antioxidant that helps improve the epidermal barrier function, decreasing pigmentation, reducing sebum production and improving skin elasticity which results in spotless glowy skin. Niacinamide helps in naturally improving the ceramide and intercellular lipids in your skin which play an integral role in the barrier function. Moisturizers with Niacinamide can be paired with other actives (AHA, BHA, Retinoids) without apprehension.
- Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant with ethyl ascorbic acid being one of the stable forms when used topically and comes with a wide array of benefits. The powerful antioxidant properties provide protection from UV-induced damage to the skin and enhance the effect when paired with sunscreen, so pairing the moisturizer and sunscreen can be your simple morning skincare routine. Vitamin C helps in collagen synthesis and also works as a depigmenting agent by inhibiting tyrosinase activity, thereby reducing melanin production and leaving an even skin tone. Also, Vitamin C is a primary replenisher of Vitamin E.
- Squalene, a lipid naturally produced by our oil glands declines with ageing. The topical application of Squalene (plant-derived) provides intense hydration and acts as an emollient. This non-comedogenic fatty acid which is very thin is readily absorbed by the skin without any hints of greasiness and comes with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. In human skin physiology, Squalene is not only used as an antioxidant, but is also used in treating skin disorders like seborrheic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, or atopic dermatitis.
- Matrixyl 3000 are two synthetic peptides: palmitoyl tripeptide-1 (formerly known as palmitoyl oligopeptide) + palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7. These two “messenger” peptides also known as matrikines work collectively and send signals to repair the skin’s surface that help reduce visible skin damage and strengthen skin thus helping it look youthful. Studies have shown the ongoing application of Matrixyl 3000 can lead to a reduction in wrinkle depth.
- Ceramides are fatty acids that act as emollients. It is an essential component of the intercellular lipids of the Stratum Corneum which establish water-retaining properties, and recently phytoceramides are widely used topically to reduce transepidermal water loss(TEWL). Phytoceramides are usually derived from wheat, rice, corn, and potatoes. They help in boosting collagen, soothing redness and reducing the signs of ageing.
- Oat (Avena Sativa) lipids are one of the centuries-old topical treatments for a variety of skin barrier conditions which has shown massive activity in barrier strengthening with their emollient properties. Oats have the highest lipid (fat) content than any grain, which is definitely helpful for our skin, best for soothing the skin and helps in ceramide production which reinforces the skin's barrier. These natural oils keep the skin soft, supple, and hydrated without any greasiness and won't clog pores.
- Hyaluronic Acid/Hyaluronan is a glycosaminoglycan with a unique capacity to bind and retain water and acts as a humectant providing instant plump and dewy skin. Ageing and exposure to the sun gradually reduce the amount of Hyaluronic Acid produced by our body. It acts like a sponge when it comes to holding water which directly leads to glowing skin. Hyaluronic Acid can be used by all skin types, plays a role in wound healing and can be safely paired with other skin actives.
Qurez Oil-Free Hydrating Moisturizer not only provides hydration but also comes with additional benefits of anti-aging due to its ability to boost collagen production and skin barrier repairing benefits which instantly makes your skin soft, smooth, dewy, plump and glowing.
All the ingredients in this moisturizer are pregnancy and lactation safe.
Sign up for our newsletter for more such beauty information, tips and product launches.